My Story – Elizabeth M. Garrett, Editor, Writer and Public Relations Coach
Why I do it – While serving as contract publicist and editor for an independent publishing firm, I discovered my true passions were writing, editing, coaching and encouraging others. My writing and editing have evolved over the years, as has my public relations career. I’ve transitioned from medical, higher education, and non-profit public relations to contract writing and editing for authors internationally.
Personal Philosophy – We’re all here to make the world a better place, and individually, we’re only one piece of the puzzle.
• Contributing writer for books, newsletters, magazines, and social media
• Three years of experience editing books professionally
• Thirty years of experience in public relations and writing/editing magazines, newsletters, and other promotional pieces
• Conducts monthly meetings and training sessions as team lead for Bartlett, TN Christian Writers Group
• Has established communications and marketing plans for small businesses from ground floor up
• Experienced media relations professional. Has been interviewed and quoted in newspapers, magazines and radio shows internationally; television shows regionally.
• Regional and national award recipient for publications she has edited throughout her career
• Past Public Relations Professional of the Year by the Memphis, TN Chapter of Public Relations Society of America
Formal Education –
• Bachelor’s degree, journalism – Mississippi University for Women
• Master’s degree, communications – University of Louisiana, Lafayette
Professional Education – international conferences on writing, editing, social media and marketing for authors, Michael Hyatt’s “Get Published” class, marketing/branding seminars, and earning a professional accreditation in public relations
Galatians 6:9 (NIV) “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”