My Story – Elizabeth M. Garrett, Editor, Writer and Writing Coach
Mission – To glorify God through writing, editing and encouraging others. My writing and editing have evolved over the years beginning with brochures, newsletters, magazines and newspaper articles to creative writing and editing for authors internationally.
Personal Philosophy – We’re all here to make the world a better place, and individually, we’re only one piece of the puzzle.
• Contributing Writer — books, newsletters, magazines, and social media
• Editor — Three years of experience editing books professionally, complemented by thirty years editing magazines, newsletters, and promotional pieces
• Writing Coach — Teaches writers individually and in group settings effective writing techniques
• Marketing professional –Develops strategic marketing plans authors and small businesses
• Media relations professional — Has been interviewed and quoted in newspapers, magazines, and radio shows internationally; television shows regionally.
• Regional and national award recipient for editing
• Past Public Relations Professional of the Year by the Memphis, TN Chapter of Public Relations Society of America
Formal Education –
• Bachelor’s degree, journalism – Mississippi University for Women
• Master’s degree, communications – University of Louisiana, Lafayette
Professional Education – international conferences on writing, editing, social media and marketing for authors, Michael Hyatt’s “Get Published” class, marketing/branding seminars, and earning a professional accreditation in public relations
Galatians 6:9 (NIV) “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”